Pinetops 300 Tractor Pull
South Edgecombe Rural Fire Department Presents
Proudly Serving Our Community Since 1964!
On January 23, 1964 a group of thirty landowners and tenants met at the Pinetops Fire House. The mission....the creation of a rural fire department for the community. After several meetings and much discussion the Pinetops Rural Fire Department came to be. The first two trucks that were purchased...a used 1953 G.M.C and a 1964 2 ton Ford. There were 20 charter members of the department. A group of men dedicated to the community.
Its now over 40 years since that first meeting. The department is now known as the South Edgecombe Rural Fire Department. The department has grown and evolved over these years, but the spirit of dedication and citizenship of our founding members still holds firm. The department now has 6 fire apparatus, equipped with some of the best equipment in the fire service. The department not only provides fire suppression services but also performs rescue, vehicle extrication, and emergency medical first responder. The proceeds of the Pinetops 300 are used for the operation of the fire department and the purchase and upgrades for our equipment. Its because of the Pinetops 300 our citizens can rest assured that they have the best equipment responding to them in their moment of need. And...the Pinetops 300 helps maintain the lowest fire tax for the residents of our fire district.
© 2013, Pinetops 300 Tractor Pull
South Edgecombe Rural Fire Department: